Hi everyone! Today I want to share a really yummy dumpling recipe with you! I already shared this with my backers on Kickstarter, so if you want to get a hundred more dumpling recipes, be sure to check out the campaign!
You can find the dumpling wrapper recipe here.
This flavorful recipe is sweet with a kick of pepper. Sure to be your new favorite!
Sweet and Spicy Salmon Dumplings
This recipe says you can use cooked salmon (maybe from a leftover meal at home or from a restaurant), but you can also used fresh salmon. The dumplings will get hot enough when fried to cook the salmon. You can also use canned salmon in a pinch.
¾ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup pineapple juice
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Dash of paprika
Dash of garlic powder
1 cup cooked salmon, chopped or shredded
12 dumpling wrappers
1 cup of oil, if frying
- In a saucepan, add all filling ingredients except salmon and heat over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and blend in salmon.
- Drain sauce from salmon and set aside.
- Spoon salmon mixture into dumpling wrappers and pinch closed.
- Cook dumplings.
- To fry dumplings, preheat oil in a wok for 30 seconds on high heat, then lower heat to medium. Cook dumplings on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- To steam dumplings, place in a steamer basket or on an elevated plate in a wok over water on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Always cut a dumpling open to make sure it is cooked through.
- Serve hot with excess sauce for dipping.